Have you accidentally deleted an important photo from your computer or laptop? Don’t worry – in this article, we’ll show you how to recover it using a few different methods.
Why Photos deleted or Lost
There are many reasons why your photos might be deleted or lost from your computer. It could be a simple mistake or something more serious, like a virus or malware infection. Regardless of the reason, it can be very frustrating to lose access to your photos.
Fortunately, you can do a few things to try and recover deleted photos from your PC or laptop.
What happens when you delete a photo?
When you delete a photograph from your PC or laptop, it is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
The Different Ways to Recover Deleted Photos
There are few ways to recover permanently deleted photos from your computer or laptop. However, it is important to note that not all of these methods are safe and some may not work at all relative on the severity of the removal.
Recover Deleted Photos from Google Photos
Using Google Photos is an easy way to recover permanently deleted photos from your PC or laptop.
Google Photos is a free app that backs up your photos and videos to the cloud. Once your photos are backed up, they’re safe from accidental deletion. And, if you delete a photo from your Google Photos library, it will still be available in the Trash for 60 days.
To recover a permanently deleted photo from Google Photos:
- Go to the Google Photos website and log in with your Google account.
- Click on the “Trash” icon in the left sidebar.
- Find the photo you want to recover and click on it to select it.
- Click on “Restore” button at the top of the screen.
Your photo will now be restored to your Google Photos library.
Recover Photos from Trash in Google Photos
It’s fairly easy to recover permanently deleted photos from your PC or laptop, as long as you’re using Google Photos. Here’s how:
First, open the Google Photos app and go to the Albums tab.
Next, select the Trash album.
Now, find the image or photo that you want to recover and tap on it.
Finally, tap the Recover button. The photo will be moved out of the Trash album and back into your main photo collection.
Recover Deleted Photos with ‘Backup and Restore’ in Windows
If you have accidentally deleted some important photographs from your computer, don’t worry – there is a way to recover them. Windows has a built-in feature called ‘Backup and Restore’ which can help restore your deleted photos.
Here’s how to use ‘Backup and Restore’ to recover your permanently deleted photos:
- Open the Control Panel on your computer and click on ‘System and Security’.
- Under the ‘File History’ section, click on ‘Back up your files’.
- On the next screen, click on the ‘Restore your files with File History’ option.
- Now, select the drive where your deleted photos were stored and click on the ‘Restore’ button.
- Windows will show you all the deleted photos it can recover. Select the photos you want to restore and click the ‘Restore’ button again.
That’s it! Your deleted photos will now be restored to their original location.
The Best Software to Use to Recover Deleted Photos
If you’ve accidentally deleted photos from your PC or laptop, don’t despair! There are a number of software programs that can help you recover them. We’ve rounded up the best of the bunch, so you can get your precious photos back.
Stellar Photo Recovery is our top choice for recovering deleted photos. It’s quick and easy to use and supports a wide range of file formats. Stellar can also recover photos from corrupt or damaged storage devices.
How to Use the Software to Recover Deleted Photos – Stellar Photo recovery
If you have accidentally deleted your photos from your PC or laptop, don’t worry! There is a way to recover them using the Stellar Photo Recovery software. This software is designed to recover lost or deleted photos, videos, and audio files from all storage devices.
Here’s how to use the Stellar Photo Recovery software to recover your permanently deleted photos:
- Download and install the Stellar Photo recovery software on your PC.
- Connect your storage device to the computer.
- Select the storage medium from which you want to recover photos.
- Click the ‘Scan’ button to start scanning for lost or deleted photos.
- After scanning, you will be able to preview the recoverable photos.
- Select the photos you want to recover and click the ‘Recover’ button.
Tips for Recovering Deleted Photos
Assuming you’ve already checked the recycle bin for your deleted photos, here are a few other tips for recovering them:
- Use a data recovery program like Stellar Photo Recovery. This program can scan your hard drive for any traces of deleted photos and often recover them successfully.
- If you have a backup of your photos (either on an external hard drive or in the cloud), try restoring them from there.
- If you know when you deleted the photos, you can try using the “Previous Versions” feature in Windows to restore them.
- Contact a professional data recovery service.
Tips for avoiding lost photos in the future
Here are some tips to help you to avoid losing photos in the future:
- Back up your photos regularly. This way, even if you lose some photos, you will have backups to fall back on.
- Be careful when deleting photos. Once a photo is deleted, it is usually gone for good. So make sure you want to delete a photo before hitting the delete button.
- Use best photo recovery software. These programs can help you recover lost or deleted photos. They are not perfect, but they can often get the job done.
If you have accidentally deleted your photos, don’t worry, there are ways to recover them. With the right tools and a little bit of patience, you can get your photos back. If you have any quires, feel free to leave a comment below.